Monday, July 28, 2008

I'll Never List (Created 1997)

I'll Never.....

1. Go to the grocery store without make-up on.
2. Let my kids eat in the car.
3. Feed my kids spaghetti for breakfast.
4. Let my kids wear clothes that are dirty.
5. Leave dishes in the sink.
6. Have a dog.
7. Bribe my children.
8. Snap my fingers at my kids.
9. Have breakfast for dinner.
10. Let my gas light in my car turn on.
11. Forget to brush my teeth.
12. Find myself singing to a kids' CD even when they aren't in the car.
13. Burp out loud in front of my children.
14. Not play with my kids when they ask.
15. Yell at my kids - especially in public.
16. Let my kids wear their Halloween costume in August.

In 1998, I had my first son...

Now I say, "I'll NEVER say I'll never!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the list will even get shorter the older you get. Past 60 there are VERY few NEVER's left.....and it's really nice! Life is too short not to spend a whole day in your p.j.'s, eat ice cream for breakfast, glare at rude people, smile at all little kids, pat pregnant strangers bellies, give unwanted advice, etc, etc, etc. The nice part is usually people just think you are getting senile and ignore you! xoxo Nancy

Anonymous said...

I've done many things on your list...a few of them even today! Everyone has the expectation that they will be a "perfect" mom. I've come to the conclusion that there is no such thing.