Thursday, August 7, 2008

Twenty Years and Still in High School


So....this weekend is my 20th high school reunion.  How is it that I feel like I never left?  I'm nervous, anxious, and excited to see friends from the past, but I can't help but wonder what they'll wonder.

How will I be judged?  Will anyone care?  Will they talk about who I have become behind my back?

I'm hoping that I've grown up, and my mind will shut off...it really doesn't matter what they think, does it?

Tonight as I begin to ready myself, I make this vow -

I am me...like me or not...nobody can make me worry but myself...

Self - no worries, no doubts, be who I am.

Have fun.

Laugh lots.

Be exuberant about the person I have become...

Still - could you wish me a little luck?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luck you don't need! YOU are FABULOUS! But do have fun and do laugh lots and enjoy getting to know the grand adults all you 'kids' have become! xoxo Nancy

Anonymous said...

Have a WONDERFUL time at your reunion! I can't wait to hear all about it when I get back from vacation.