Thursday, August 14, 2008

Misuse of I'm Sorry


Last night I went to the grocery store and was pushing the cart down the aisle.  As I got to the end, I took a sharp left after looking left, right, left.  Out of nowhere, there was another buggy that almost bumped mine.  I immediately said, "I'm sorry."

The night before last, my husband and I met one of my best friends from college for dinner.  After I got my meal, I said, "Could I please get some more green chili for my burrito.  I'm sorry."

Yesterday at work there were some women complaining because they didn't think that the rules that were set for the other 100,000 people should pertain to them.  As I talked to them, I said, "I'm sorry."

This is the thing....I really wasn't sorry, but the words just spilled out.

But...I really am sorry when I have trouble communicating to my children and husband exactly how much I love and care about them, I'm sorry that I don't always know the right words to say when someone I care about is hurting, and I'm especially sorry if I should say I'm sorry but I don't.

No comments: