Friday, October 10, 2008

Saving Three Lives....


Today I donated blood.  This isn't the first time.....the very first time I gave blood was on the 2nd anniversary of my mother's passing.  That day, I was on my way into the store to buy some flowers to put at my mom's grave site.  Right in front of me there was a big sign that said, "Donate blood today."

It really felt like that sign was up there just for me...it was my turn.  My mother had to have multiple blood transfusions when she was in the hospital.  Each and every drop gave her additional time to be with us.  So, that day in honor of my mother, I donated blood.  

Today, I was able to give blood again.  As I was going through the paperwork, one of the staff from Bonfils told me that giving blood one time could save the lives of three people.  Really, what I does can make that much difference??  In addition, he told me that I was young to be giving blood.....young??  (I'm never too old to enjoy a compliment.)  So, in addition to helping save some lives, I felt like my younger self.

May the blood I donate give someone else additional time. 

Give blood, it's easy, completely free, and, absolutely, ONE person can make a difference!


No comments: