Friday, July 11, 2008

Blog Competition


To blog or not to blog? That was the question that I needed to answer for myself. What was it all about? Who would read what I had to write? Would I feel in competition with the blog-world and what to do about that? So, I started the blogging, and I have found that I like to wrap my life up in short little stories. I realized how much I knew about Sugar Mama ( http://www.sugarmamablog.com/) - and Hello, It's Tuesday, and realized it was my time. These two women inspired me to start the typing, and from there, I have never looked back.

I really love it! I mean, how fun is it to come and see how many people have read the entry, written a short comment, or if there may be the possibility of my blog becoming a "feature". Well, I have to admit that it hasn't taken me long to get a little "competition" going with myself. Will I have more comments than the last time, will my story bring a tear, or welcome a chuckle? I often find myself looking it over many times during the week....I think it just might be a compulsion. So today I really needed to take a look at my life. Does blogging represent who I am? Yes, absolutely! Does the fact that I need to "check" on my blog baby correlate with how I relate to my life - well, yes!

Every day I want to be the best person that I can, so I check-double check and check on my life over and over again.I do want to bring the best birthday present to the birthday girl, have the most fun conversation at a large table, take the prettiest photographs, be more creative, and do everything better than I have done it before. In life, I am not a bragger. My "blog" life hasn't bragged, but should it? Does a blog have a personality and are people turned off by the same things in writing as they are in person? This I don't know. If I blogged in another city would "my readers" follow me there? What I do know is this - I love all babies - human and blogged. May we all read and type together, laugh and cry, and live life to the fullest!

No comments: