Friday, August 22, 2008

His Perspective


Prior to getting home fom work tonight, I called my husband to find out how our youngest son did at his baseball game.  Their little team got creamed...what I understand is that they really had a tough time and lost by at least ten points.  My son had his first chance to pitch tonight as this is his first season to play kid pitch.  When I got home from work, I asked my youngest how his baseball game went.  He said, "It was so great.  I had lots of fun....and guess what?  I got to pitch and walked most of the team.  I really liked it.  I did really good."

"Hummmmph...."

What age is it exactly that we lose that childlike innocence and love for ourselves...no matter how we do?  I hope that I can find a way to bottle how he feels about himself so that he will grow up thinking that he is the best, always, no matter the outcome...just like he does right now.

No comments: